WALK Local News

 

Firefighter Among 5 Hurt in Apt Blaze

Firefighter Among 5 Hurt in Apt Blaze

Hempstead (WALK) - A faulty electrical cord is being blamed for a fire in an apartment complex last night that sent five people to the hospital.

The blaze erupted around 8:30 PM Wednesday at a building on Front Street in Hempstead. The 64 apartments were all evacuated while eighty firefighters from at least six departments doused the flames.

The five people who were hurt included four cases of smoke inhalation, as well as a West Hempstead firefighter who was diagnosed with heat exhaustion. All five were treated and released from local hospitals.

Police say the fire was accidental, sparked by a malfunctioning electrical cord.

 

 

More Articles