Jericho (WALK) - There's no word yet if a landmark Long Island restaurant will be open today after a fire broke out there overnight.
Firefighters rushed to the Milleridge Inn in Jericho around 1 AM Wednesday after a fire alarm went off. According to police, they found a stovetop ablaze in the kitchen.
The fire wasn't large and the flames were quickly doused, but the historic building did sustain moderate fire and water damage, according to police. Firefighters from Jericho, East Norwich, Carle Place, Hicksville, Westbury, Plainview, Bethpage and Syosset all responded to the scene to assist. No injuries were reported.
Arson detectives don't know yet what sparked the flames but they don't consider it suspicious.